News in Brief
Thousands March in Favor of N.Y.C. Charter Schools
Thousands of charter school supporters wearing neon-green shirts that read "My Child. My Choice" marched across the Brooklyn Bridge last week in a show of strength directed at front-running New York City mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio.
A proponent of putting more resources into traditional public schools, the Democrat has said he would not expand charters and would charge rent to some operators.
Marchers—mostly parents, children, and their teachers—paraded from Brooklyn to City Hall.
Vol. 33, Issue 08, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- Assistant Professor of High Incidence Disabilities (Position #6063)
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Senior Research and Policy Associate
- Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education (SCOPE), Stanford, CA