News in Brief
Thousands March in Favor of N.Y.C. Charter Schools
Thousands of charter school supporters wearing neon-green shirts that read "My Child. My Choice" marched across the Brooklyn Bridge last week in a show of strength directed at front-running New York City mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio.
A proponent of putting more resources into traditional public schools, the Democrat has said he would not expand charters and would charge rent to some operators.
Marchers—mostly parents, children, and their teachers—paraded from Brooklyn to City Hall.
Vol. 33, Issue 08, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Director, Professional Development Product Management
- The College Board, New York, NY
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Research Fellow - Education
- PPIC, San Francisco, CA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ