"Gallup Poll Social Series: Work and Education"
Ask a child to name a favorite class, and odds are you’ll hear two letters: P.E. Ask an adult which subject has been most valuable in life, and the most popular answer turns out to be math.
That’s according to new survey results by the Gallup organization. About one-third of adults (34 percent) picked math. The next in line was English, at 21 percent, followed by science at 12 percent.
Science is getting more popular, though. In a similar 2002 survey, just 4 percent of adults picked that subject.
The results are based on telephone interviews with a random sample of 2,059 U.S. adults.
Vol. 33, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH