Published Online: July 17, 2013

No applicants yet for Wisconsin voucher program

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — No private school has yet submitted a formal application to participate in Wisconsin's newly expanded voucher program.

The application deadline is July 26. Department of Public instruction spokesman Patrick Gasper said Wednesday no applications are expected to be filed until later next week, close to the deadline.

The department will process the applications and release the names of schools that meet the criteria on July 31.

No more than 500 students can be in the program next year. Only the 25 schools that receive the most applicants can participate.

Another reason for the lack of applications to date is that all interested schools are required to participate in two full days of training. Gasper says those sessions began last week and are continuing this week and next.


You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login | Register
Ground Rules for Posting
We encourage lively debate, but please be respectful of others. Profanity and personal attacks are prohibited. By commenting, you are agreeing to abide by our user agreement.
All comments are public.

Back to Top Back to Top

Most Popular Stories

Viewed

Emailed

Recommended

Commented