Reasons to Drop Out—and to Stay
Dropouts give a common array of reasons for leaving school. Targeted dropout-recovery programs have been created in response.
If students drop out of high school because they are bored and don't see what they are learning as relevant to their future, it can be tough to get them interested in more of the same.
The Back on Track Through College model aims to re-engage out-of-school youths ages 16 to 26 by encouraging them to think about a career and earn college credentials as they work toward...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY