Administrator Seeks Sure Footing as Instructional Leader
Age 33 | Stuart-Hobson Middle School
Assistant Principal for Interventions
When Katie Franklin began tutoring elementary students in Memphis, Tenn., as an undergraduate in the late 1990s, she was after community-service hours for graduation. But it would shape the direction of her life.
Seeing the stark differences of opportunity among her students was a wake-up call for Ms. Franklin, who was raised in an upper-middle-class white suburb of Chattanooga. As a student at Rhodes College, she immersed herself in history and political theory. Working with disadvantaged children transformed those ideas into a drive to work for social justice. Education...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Diversity Hiring Fair
- The Potomac SChool, Mclean, VA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO