Low grad rate for public special ed students
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana has the second lowest public high school graduation rate in the nation for special education students, federal figures show.
Statistics compiled by the U.S. Department of education, covering the 2010-11 school year, show Louisiana's rate at 29 percent, just higher than Mississippi and Nevada, whose graduation rates are tied at 23 percent. Texas is tops in the nation at 77 percent.
Louisiana's overall high school graduation...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY