News in Brief
Standards-Test Group Lists Tech Guidelines
One of the two consortia designing tests for the Common Core State Standards has released new guidance on the minimum technology standards states will need to meet to give those tests, beginning in 2014-15.
The Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers said the guidance, unveiled Dec. 21, is meant to provide direction to states and districts on the extent to which current technology meets testing standards, or whether upgrades will be required.
It includes details on test security, allowable devices, and operating-system requirements.
Earlier this month, the other group leading states toward the development of tests to match the common core, the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, released similar technology requirements and recommendations for 2014-15.
Vol. 32, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV