News in Brief
Standards-Test Group Lists Tech Guidelines
One of the two consortia designing tests for the Common Core State Standards has released new guidance on the minimum technology standards states will need to meet to give those tests, beginning in 2014-15.
The Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers said the guidance, unveiled Dec. 21, is meant to provide direction to states and districts on the extent to which current technology meets testing standards, or whether upgrades will be required.
It includes details on test security, allowable devices, and operating-system requirements.
Earlier this month, the other group leading states toward the development of tests to match the common core, the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, released similar technology requirements and recommendations for 2014-15.
Vol. 32, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- STEM Master Teacher
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development, Washington, DC
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations