News in Brief
Common-Core Guide Updates Tech. Needs
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium has released an updated guide to technology requirements and recommendations for member states planning to implement the common-core assessment system it is developing for the 2014-15 school year.
Under the framework, most schools should be able to implement the assessments, the organization said. However, schools that meet only the minimum specifications for the assessments may experience lag times, while schools that implement the recommended guidelines for technology will experience a faster, more seamless assessment experience. Still, the consortium asserts that the delays will not affect the quality of the assessments, only the amount of time it takes to process students' responses.
Vol. 32, Issue 14, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO