News in Brief
Common-Core Guide Updates Tech. Needs
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium has released an updated guide to technology requirements and recommendations for member states planning to implement the common-core assessment system it is developing for the 2014-15 school year.
Under the framework, most schools should be able to implement the assessments, the organization said. However, schools that meet only the minimum specifications for the assessments may experience lag times, while schools that implement the recommended guidelines for technology will experience a faster, more seamless assessment experience. Still, the consortium asserts that the delays will not affect the quality of the assessments, only the amount of time it takes to process students' responses.
Vol. 32, Issue 14, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations