News in Brief
Five States Awarded Early-Learning Grants
The U.S. Department of Education has announced that $133 million in early-childhood education grants will be split among Colorado, Illinois, New Mexico, Oregon, and Wisconsin in its second round of the Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge competition.
The Dec. 6 announcement came as no surprise, as those five states had pretty much sewn up their share of the money after they made a strong showing in the initial round of competition that split $500 million among nine winning states.
For the most part, the states had to submit the same proposals as they did in the first phase, but had to make adjustments or scale back because only half as much money was available to them in this bridesmaid round.
Grants range from just under $35 million for Illinois to $20.5 million for Oregon.
Vol. 32, Issue 14, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY