About the Necktie
Maybe this is a silly thing to think and worry about as an educator, but it is something I wrestle with every morning. I never really paid much attention to it in my other jobs, but I now stare at myself in the mirror each morning with this question: What do I wear to school?
It sounds like something a 5-year-old would ask (I don't believe my tone is quite as whiny), but I really do fret about this every day. Even now, working in a university setting, I spend a good deal of time deciding on my appearance before leaving the house each morning.
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA