News in Brief
White House Targets Black Achievement
President Barack Obama launched a new initiative aimed at improving the educational outcomes for African-Americans, who despite steady progress in recent years on indicators such as high school graduation and college-going rates, still trail significantly behind their white and Asian peers.
The president signed an executive order last month to establish the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.
He said he was creating the initiative “so that every child has greater access to a complete and competitive education from the time they’re born all through the time they get a career.”
Vol. 31, Issue 37, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL