Prominent Charter School Networks Seeking Fresh Territory
A handful of prominent charter school networks that have won praise for their academic performance and unorthodox models are expanding to new parts of the country, in some cases after receiving recruiting pitches from state and local officials determined to bring proven operators into their communities.
Until now, organizations such as Aspire Public Schools and Rocketship Education , both with headquarters in California, and BASIS Schools Inc. of Arizona, which have been held up as worthy of emulation, have focused their work within their states' boundaries.
But in recent months, those nonprofit organizations and others have announced plans for incremental growth, the success of which will determine whether they venture into other cities and states in...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Randolph, MA Superintendent
- NESDEC, Randolph, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD