News in Brief
Oklahoma Scholarships Ruled Unconstitutional
A 2010 Oklahoma law that authorizes state-financed scholarships for children with certain disabilities to attend private schools is unconstitutional, a Tulsa County judge ruled last week. The program has been fiercely opposed by public school officials, who maintain the law is the first step toward approving publicly financed vouchers for all students that will decimate funding for public schools.
Vol. 31, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Science Teacher
- Cle Elum-Roslyn School District, Cle Elum, WA
- Director of Math and Science
- Reading School District, Reading, PA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY