News in Brief
Oklahoma Scholarships Ruled Unconstitutional
A 2010 Oklahoma law that authorizes state-financed scholarships for children with certain disabilities to attend private schools is unconstitutional, a Tulsa County judge ruled last week. The program has been fiercely opposed by public school officials, who maintain the law is the first step toward approving publicly financed vouchers for all students that will decimate funding for public schools.
Vol. 31, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL