News in Brief
Oklahoma Scholarships Ruled Unconstitutional
A 2010 Oklahoma law that authorizes state-financed scholarships for children with certain disabilities to attend private schools is unconstitutional, a Tulsa County judge ruled last week. The program has been fiercely opposed by public school officials, who maintain the law is the first step toward approving publicly financed vouchers for all students that will decimate funding for public schools.
Vol. 31, Issue 27, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Chief of Human Resources
- San Francisco Unified School District, San Francisco, CA
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations