News in Brief
NYC on Track to Open 50 New Charters
Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott says New York City will meet its goal of opening 50 more charter schools before Mayor Michael Bloomberg leaves office at the end of 2013. Mr. Walcott told a group of charter operators last month that he believes in the expansion of charter schools in every neighborhood. The city has opened 139 charter schools since Mr. Bloomberg took office in 2002. It has another 25 planned for the next school year.
Vol. 31, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ