News in Brief
NYC on Track to Open 50 New Charters
Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott says New York City will meet its goal of opening 50 more charter schools before Mayor Michael Bloomberg leaves office at the end of 2013. Mr. Walcott told a group of charter operators last month that he believes in the expansion of charter schools in every neighborhood. The city has opened 139 charter schools since Mr. Bloomberg took office in 2002. It has another 25 planned for the next school year.
Vol. 31, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME