News in Brief
NYC on Track to Open 50 New Charters
Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott says New York City will meet its goal of opening 50 more charter schools before Mayor Michael Bloomberg leaves office at the end of 2013. Mr. Walcott told a group of charter operators last month that he believes in the expansion of charter schools in every neighborhood. The city has opened 139 charter schools since Mr. Bloomberg took office in 2002. It has another 25 planned for the next school year.
Vol. 31, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN