News in Brief
White House Sponsors Safe-Schools Event
The White House LGBT Conference on Safe Schools and Communities kicked off at the University of Texas at Arlington last week with panel discussions on law enforcement and school resources aimed at targeting hate crimes and bullying against youths and adults in the Lesbian, Gay, Transsexual, Bisexual community. The event drew national attention with about 400 participants signed up, representing law enforcement, community members, teachers, and students. The Obama administration is holding similar events throughout the spring in various cities.
Vol. 31, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Research and Policy Associate
- Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education (SCOPE), Stanford, CA
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Assistant Professor of High Incidence Disabilities (Position #6063)
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL