35 States Apply for Early-Learning Grant
Thirty-five states, plus the District of Columbia, are vying for a piece of the federal government's $500 million Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge, a competition meant to spawn innovative approaches for improving the skills and development of young children. Applicants will be eligible for $50 million to $100 million, based on details in the states proposal and its population of children from disadvantaged backgrounds. The awards are expected to be announced in December.
Vol. 31, Issue 09, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY