News in Brief
35 States Apply for Early-Learning Grant
Thirty-five states, plus the District of Columbia, are vying for a piece of the federal government's $500 million Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge, a competition meant to spawn innovative approaches for improving the skills and development of young children. Applicants will be eligible for $50 million to $100 million, based on details in the states proposal and its population of children from disadvantaged backgrounds. The awards are expected to be announced in December.
Vol. 31, Issue 09, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations