News in Brief
35 States Apply for Early-Learning Grant
Thirty-five states, plus the District of Columbia, are vying for a piece of the federal government's $500 million Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge, a competition meant to spawn innovative approaches for improving the skills and development of young children. Applicants will be eligible for $50 million to $100 million, based on details in the states proposal and its population of children from disadvantaged backgrounds. The awards are expected to be announced in December.
Vol. 31, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX