News in Brief
35 States Apply for Early-Learning Grant
Thirty-five states, plus the District of Columbia, are vying for a piece of the federal government's $500 million Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge, a competition meant to spawn innovative approaches for improving the skills and development of young children. Applicants will be eligible for $50 million to $100 million, based on details in the states proposal and its population of children from disadvantaged backgrounds. The awards are expected to be announced in December.
Vol. 31, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA