W.Va. Gov. Seeks More on Race to the Top Proposals
Gov. Joe Manchin wants more details from state school officials before he decides what to propose during an upcoming special legislative session on education issues, his spokesman said Tuesday.
The state Board of Education sent Manchin 28 recommended changes to state school policy, in response to his demands for ways to win the next batch of federal Race to the Top funding.
West Virginia placed 36th out of 41 applicants during the first found of the competitive grant program. Facing a June 1 deadline to apply again, Manchin plans to call the Legislature into session next month to pass measures that...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ