La. Gov. Proposes Few Cuts to Fill Deficit
Gov. Bobby Jindal proposed Friday to close a $319 million budget deficit this year by cutting $65 million from state agencies and public colleges and tapping into a mix of one-time dollars and savings to plug the remaining gap.
To combat a new budget shortfall projected for next year, Jindal recommended using anticipated federal stimulus dollars.
Lawmakers next week will begin considering the proposal to this year's deficit, with an eye to working out a final version of those budget plans within two weeks. The $29 billion budget must be rebalanced before the fiscal...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA