News in Brief
Lawsuit Filed Over Layoffs
Civil rights groups sued the Los Angeles Unified School District and California last week, claiming thousands of teacher layoffs will deprive inner-city children of their right to an education. Superintendent Ramon Cortines declined comment, citing a prohibition on speaking about pending litigation.
Vol. 29, Issue 23, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC