News in Brief
Lawsuit Filed Over Layoffs
Civil rights groups sued the Los Angeles Unified School District and California last week, claiming thousands of teacher layoffs will deprive inner-city children of their right to an education. Superintendent Ramon Cortines declined comment, citing a prohibition on speaking about pending litigation.
Vol. 29, Issue 23, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN