News in Brief
Lawsuit Filed Over Layoffs
Civil rights groups sued the Los Angeles Unified School District and California last week, claiming thousands of teacher layoffs will deprive inner-city children of their right to an education. Superintendent Ramon Cortines declined comment, citing a prohibition on speaking about pending litigation.
Vol. 29, Issue 23, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA