Foes Warn Chavez Seeks Indoctrination in Schools
Hundreds protested outside Venezuela's legislature Tuesday against an education bill that they charge will open the way for President Hugo Chavez's government to indoctrinate children with socialist ideology. Some 1,000 people chanted "Don't mess with my kids!" and urged members of the predominantly pro-Chavez National Assembly to reconsider the proposed legislation. The bill, which would affect both state and private schools, is expected to receive final approval...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Chief Executive Officer
- Prince George's County Public Schools, Prince George`s County, MD
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US