Detroit Schools Bankruptcy Analysis Wrapping Up
The Detroit schools' emergency financial manager on Thursday backed off of earlier statements that the cash-strapped district may be headed toward bankruptcy.
Robert Bobb announced in July that his office had meetings with lawyers and a former federal judge to debate the merits of Chapter 9 bankruptcy to help bail out the district.
Bobb said Thursday during the unveiling of an ambitious student retention campaign that he is not sure whether bankruptcy "is the best course of action" for the district, which faces a deficit of at least $259...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ