News in Brief
D.C. Schools Penalized on Spec. Ed.
The District of Columbia has become the first jurisdiction in the nation to have a portion of its federal special education funding withheld because it is not meeting the requirements of its “state performance plan.” According to a June 1 letter, the U.S. Department of Education will withhold about $480,000 in money that would have been earmarked for administrative activities in Washington’s school system.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL