News in Brief
D.C. Schools Penalized on Spec. Ed.
The District of Columbia has become the first jurisdiction in the nation to have a portion of its federal special education funding withheld because it is not meeting the requirements of its “state performance plan.” According to a June 1 letter, the U.S. Department of Education will withhold about $480,000 in money that would have been earmarked for administrative activities in Washington’s school system.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Greenburgh Central School District, Hartsdale, NY
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations