California Lawmakers Face Tough Budget Choices
California's top lawmakers on Sunday focused on cost-saving reforms to social welfare programs and how deeply to cut an array of state services as they dove into the complex task of closing the state's $26 billion deficit.
Lawmakers on both sides warned that deep cuts to many state programs were unavoidable. But they also seemed more optimistic than they have been in weeks that they could find a way out...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV