Hawaii Applies for Stimulus Funds
Hawaii Gov. Linda Lingle applied for $192 million in new federal stimulus money Friday, and she promised to spend it all on education.
The federal government had set aside the money for Hawaii, but the governor had to apply for it to make sure it was delivered.
Lingle this spring wanted to use the money to help plug the state's deficit, but legislators prevented her from doing so by budgeting the money over the next...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Chief Academic Officer
- Maryland State Department of Education, MD
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- Portola Valley School District, Portola Valley, CA
- Ann Arbor Public Schools, Ann Arbor, MI