Arizona Teachers Recalled After April Layoffs
School districts throughout Arizona have started recalling laid-off teachers amid a clearer budget picture and the retirement of some instructors.
Districts issued reduction-in-force notices to about 7,000 teachers on April 15, according to the Arizona Education Association. Districts had to comply with the state-mandated deadline to notify teachers whose contracts wouldn't be renewed for the following year.
But many of those teachers are...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- 9-12 Science Teacher (Emphasis in Physical Science) #345
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO