29 Detroit Schools to Be Closed in the Fall
The Detroit Public Schools will open next fall with 29 fewer schools as part of efforts by the district's state-appointed emergency financial manager to cut into a budget deficit.
In addition, 40 other schools Robert Bobb said were "miserably failing" the troubled district's students face restructuring.
Tuesday's announcement featured some of Bobb's strongest language since taking over the...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY