Stimulus Aid: More Questions—and Answers
Education Week Politics K-12 bloggers Alyson Klein and Michele McNeil continue gathering answers to questions on the $115 billion in education aid under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the recent economic-stimulus package. Here are highlights from some of their most recent blog posts. (For previous rounds of questions and answers, see Economic Stimulus Q&A , March 4, 2009.)
Q Has there been any clarification as to whether federal money will be available for independent schools?
A There's no money in the bill specifically for private or independent schools. But some private schools that serve students in special education do receive funding under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, which got about $12...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL