Building Healthy Teen Relationships
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) has announced the 11 grant recipients that will each receive up to $1 million over the next four years as part of the foundation’s initiative, Starting Strong: Building Healthy Teen Relationships.
RWJF and Blue Shield of California Foundation are investing $18 million in the initiative, which hopes to create and evaluate community-wide models for preventing teenage dating violence and abuse.
Each of the winning 11 sites will design and implement a model for preventing relationship violence by educating students and the influential people in their lives, such as parents and teachers. They must also work to promote healthy relationships in schools, youth settings, and communities.
Each winning site will work with 6th and 8th graders in schools and in their communities. The 11 winning sites include:
• Boston Public Health Commission, Boston
• Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, Bronx, N.Y.
• Catholic Charities, Wichita, Kan.
• Clarian Health, Indianapolis
• Emory University, Atlanta
• Family Violence Law Center, Oakland, Calif.
• Idaho Coalition against Sexual Domestic Violence, Boise, Idaho
• Peace Over Violence, Los Angeles
• SafePlace, Austin, Texas
• Sojourner House, Providence, R.I.
Click here to learn more about grants from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.