Stimulus School Money Could be Hard to Cut Later
If the government spends billions on education to help jump-start the staggering economy, what happens when things improve and schools have grown used to the largesse?
That is what Republicans are asking about President Barack Obama's recovery plan, the largest increase in federal money for schools.
Critics say it is not a short-term boost but an immense expansion that will be...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA