News in Brief
Baltimore Public Boarding School Welcomes First 6th Graders
A new public boarding school that will admit students from around Maryland and provide them with a 24-hour college-preparatory environment and a rigorous academic program is to be dedicated in Baltimore this week.
The SEED School of Maryland, the state’s first public boarding school, opened in August and is operated by the SEED Foundation, a Washington-based group that started its first school in the District of Columbia in 1998. The school will be under the supervision of the Maryland Department of Education.
The inaugural class includes 80 6th graders. In subsequent years, the school will grow to educate and board 400 students in grades 6-12, according to a statement from the foundation.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 05
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations