‘Kinetic City’ Web Site Finds Fun in Science
Once a week, in a classroom at Thomson Elementary School, children comb through fossils, devise strategies to power vast cities, and guide spaceships into their docks.
Those exploits are occurring via Kinetic City, an online supplementary education program that seeks to spark an interest in science among minority and female students through interactive games, experiments, and other activities.
Kinetic City targets students in grades 3-5, most of whom use the site in after-school programs, though some schools use...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations