After a year in which a push by Gov. Baldacci to reorganize the education bureaucracy dominated public debate, he used much of his State of the State address to highlight issues such as prison reform and the economy. He did, however, pledge to forge ahead with plans to make early-childhood education a priority. He also announced a privately funded college-grant program that, by 2009, will provide $500 to start a college savings account for every...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY