State of the States
Gov. John E. Baldacci (D) • Jan. 9
After a year in which a push by Gov. Baldacci to reorganize the education bureaucracy dominated public debate, he used much of his State of the State address to highlight issues such as prison reform and the economy. He did, however, pledge to forge ahead with plans to make early-childhood education a priority. He also announced a privately funded college-grant program that, by 2009, will provide $500 to start a college savings account for every child born in Maine.
Vol. 27, Issue 19, Page 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL