Links in Education Week: June 20, 2007
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
• "Standards-Based Accountability Under No Child Left Behind" is available from the RAND Corp.
• Read all of the commissioned papers for the National Academies' workshop on research related to future skill demands, including "Projecting the Impact of Computers on Work in 2030," by Stuart W. Elliott.
• "Evaluating the Impact of Charter Schools on Student Achievement: A Longitudinal Look at the Great Lakes States" is posted by the Education Policy Research Unit at Arizona State University in Tempe.
• The U.S. Department of Education's character education report is posted by the What Works Clearinghouse.
• "Standards, Accountability, and Flexibility: Americans Speak on No Child Left Behind Reauthorization" is posted by the Educational Testing Service.
• Read the decision in Davenport v. Washington Education Association (Case No. 05–1589), posted by the U.S. Supreme Court.
• Read "Enhancing Achievement and Proficiency Through Safe and Drug-Free Schools," posted by the Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Advisory Committee. (Microsoft Word required.)
• "Emergency Management: Most School Districts Have Developed Emergency Management Plans, but Would Benefit From Additional Federal Guidance" is available from the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
Vol. 26, Issue 42