Charter School Teachers
Younger charter school teachers are much more likely than experienced charter school teachers to leave their jobs, a report by the Education Policy Research Unit concludes.
The research initiative at Arizona State University in Tempe found that while gender and race were not strong predictors of teacher attrition in charter schools, teachers who were young and inexperienced were more likely to leave their jobs. The study also found that teachers in the upper grades and teachers who were not certified were less likely to stay in their positions. The study used data from charter school evaluations from six different states between 1997 and 2006.
Vol. 26, Issue 39, Page 9
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Chief Program Officer
- Washington STEM, Seattle, WA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations