Charter School Teachers
Younger charter school teachers are much more likely than experienced charter school teachers to leave their jobs, a report by the Education Policy Research Unit concludes.
The research initiative at Arizona State University in Tempe found that while gender and race were not strong predictors of teacher attrition in charter schools, teachers who were young and inexperienced were more likely to leave their jobs. The study also found that teachers in the upper grades and teachers who were not certified were less likely to stay in their positions. The study used data from charter school evaluations from six different states between 1997 and 2006.
Vol. 26, Issue 39, Page 9
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Office Assistant
- Bell Shore Florist, CA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ