Links in Education Week: February 7, 2007
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
• A summary of the No Child Left Behind reauthorization plan is posted by the U.S. Department of Education.
• The report, "The Effectiveness of the Teacher Advancement Program," is available from the National Institute for Excellence in Teaching.
• "America's Perfect Storm" is posted by the Educational Testing Service.
• Read a summary of "Building Academic Skills in Context: Testing the Value of Enhanced Math Learning in CTE," posted by the National Research Center for Career and Technical Education. The full text of the report also is available.
• Teacher Preparation:
"Increasing Accountability for Teacher Preparation Programs" is available from the Southern Regional Education Board.
• Teacher Retention:
"Keeping New Teachers: A First Look at the Influences of Induction in the Chicago Public Schools" is posted by the Consortium on Chicago School Research at the University of Chicago.
• The Council of Chief State School Officers posts its recommendations for the reauthorization of the No Child Left Behind Act.
• Read the report, "Rockland's Voices: Making the Case for Amending the No Child Left Behind Act of 2002," by the Rockland Education Collaborative. Posted by the Rockland County Legislature.
Vol. 26, Issue 22