Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Math Teacher
- The International Educator, Major Cities Worldwide