Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD