Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV