Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Brevard Public Schools, FL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV