Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX