Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS