Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ