Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY