Mentoring Seen as Necessary for Rookie Teachers
High levels of mentoring and support for novice teachers greatly improve their retention rates, a study by the Consortium on Chicago School Research says.
The Chicago-based organization surveyed 1,700 elementary and high school teachers in the city's public schools. It also found that a program designed to give novice teachers the skills and resources they needed, but without following up with mentoring and support, was not effective.
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN