Links in Education Week: December 13, 2006
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- School Violent Crimes Decline, Report Says:
Read a summary of "Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2006," posted by the U.S. Department of Justice's office of justice programs.
- Charter Schools:
"Hopes, Fears, and Reality: A Balanced Look at American Charter Schools in 2006" is available from the National Charter School Research Project.
- Education and the Economy:
"Healthier and Wealthier: Decreasing Health Care Costs by Increasing Educational Attainment" is available from the Alliance for Excellent Education.
- English-Language Learners:
"So Many Schools, So Few Options: How Mayor Bloomberg's Small High School Reforms Deny Full Access to English-Language Learners" is posted by Advocates for Children of New York.
- Internet's Educational Value:
A summary of "Surveying the Digital Future" is posted by the Center for the Digital Future.
- Video Games:
A summary of the study is available from Indiana University's School of Medicine.
- Read Francisco O. Ramirez's study, "Student Achievement and National Economic Growth," posted by the American Journal of Education.
- View the "Form LM-2 Labor Organization Annual Report" by going to the U.S. Department of Labor's organization query page. Click the "Union" radio button on the page, enter "000-342" in the file number box, and hit the submit button.
Vol. 26, Issue 15