Links in Education Week: December 6, 2006
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- The papers from the conference, "Fixing Failing Schools: Is the NCLB Toolkit Working?," are posted by the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research.
- The studies are posted by the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research.
- Public School Choice Seen on the Rise:
"Trends in the Use of School Choice: 1993-2003" is available from the National Center for Education Statistics.
- School Facilities:
"Building Minds, Minding Buildings" is posted by the American Federation of Teachers.
- State Math Standards:
"The Intended Mathematics Curriculum as Represented in State-Level Curriculum Standards: Consensus or Confusion?" is available for purchase from Information Age Publishing Inc.
- High-Stakes Testing:
"Assessment, High Stakes, and Alternative Visions: Appropriate Use of the Right Tools to Leverage Improvement" is posted by the Education Policy Research Unit, Arizona State University.
- Teacher Certification:
"Photo Finish: Teacher Certification Doesn't Guarantee a Winner" is posted by Education Next, a publication from the Hoover Institution.
- Preschool ADHD Treatment:
More information about the "Preschool ADHD Treatment Study" is available from Eureka Alert, a news service of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Information on ordering the report, "Transforming Higher Education: National Imperative, State Responsibility," is available from the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Vol. 26, Issue 14