Links in Education Week: August 30, 2006
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Audit of USAID/Iraq's Basic Education Activities," Dec. 20, 2005, is posted by the USAID Inspector General.
- Links to the 38th Annual Phi Delta Kappa/Gallup Poll, as well as further resources on the survey, are available from Phi Delta Kappa International.
- More Students Seen to Get NCLB Tutoring:
"No Child Left Behind Act: Education Actions Needed to Improve Local Implementation and State Evaluation of Supplemental Educational Services" is available from the Government Accountability Office.
- District Improvement:
"New Directions in Christina: Accomplishments for Children, Challenges Ahead" is available from the Community Training and Assistance Center.
- Cyber Bullying:
View the report and additional resources from Fight Crime: Invest in Kids.
- Charter Schools:
More information about the Coalition for Public Education's annual review of charter school performance is available from the Ohio Federation of Teachers.
- Immigrant Population:
More information about the American Community Survey is available from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The "California Early Care and Education Workforce Study" is available from the Center for the Study of Child Care Employment.
- "A Closer Look at Charter Schools Using Hierarchical Linear Modeling" is available from the National Center for Education Statistics. Learn more about the NAEP pilot study on charter schools.
- The report, "State High School Exit Exams: A Challenging Year," is available from Center on Education Policy.
- Further information on the "State Budget and Tax Actions 2006: Preliminary Report" is available from the National Council of State Legislatures.
Vol. 26, Issue 01