About This Report: Executive Agendas
A 50 State Roundup
This Education Week special report offers a detailed look at the leadership of governors in shaping their states' education agendas through legislation, regulatory action, public involvement, and proposal or endorsement of ballot measures.
The 50-state table reflects the highlights of each governor's 2005 education proposals, the outcomes from that year—including the final actions from year-round legislative sessions—and updates on the governors' 2006 agendas and re-election status.
The information in the state-by-state table was gathered during interviews by Education Week with governors' education advisers and other staff members, with legislative-staff members, and through analyses of state budgets and other state government documents.
Vol. 25, Issue 28, Page S2
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY