About This Report: Executive Agendas
A 50 State Roundup
This Education Week special report offers a detailed look at the leadership of governors in shaping their states' education agendas through legislation, regulatory action, public involvement, and proposal or endorsement of ballot measures.
The 50-state table reflects the highlights of each governor's 2005 education proposals, the outcomes from that year—including the final actions from year-round legislative sessions—and updates on the governors' 2006 agendas and re-election status.
The information in the state-by-state table was gathered during interviews by Education Week with governors' education advisers and other staff members, with legislative-staff members, and through analyses of state budgets and other state government documents.
Vol. 25, Issue 28, Page S2
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN