Links in Education Week: December 14, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- A full copy of the report, "Smart & Good High Schools: Integrating Excellence and Ethics for Success in School, Work, and Beyond," is available from the State University of New York College at Cortland's Center for the 4th and 5th Rs.
- Read the American Academy of Pediatrics' policy statement on student-athlete weight-control practices, available from AAP Policy.
- More information on the National Research Council's Committee on the Study of Teacher Preparation Programs in the United Sates is available from the National Academies.
- NEA: Inflation Ahead of Salary Increase:
"Rankings and Estimates Update" is available from the National Education Association.
- Mental-Health Services:
Read "School Mental Health Services in the United States, 2002-2003" from the National Mental Health Information Center.
- Teenage Volunteers:
"Youth Helping America—Building Active Citizens: The Role of Social Institutions in Teen Volunteering" is posted by the Corporation for National & Community Service.
- Early-Childhood Education:
"Power to the People: The Effectiveness of Ballot Measures in Advancing Early Care and Education" is posted by the National Women's Law Center.
- Online Teacher Training:
"Gauging and Improving Interactions in Online Seminars for Mathematics Coaches" is available from the Education Alliance at Brown University.
- More information on the British reading instruction plan is available at www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/rosereview/interim.