Links in Education Week: October 26, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- Review the 2005 National and State Report Cards in Reading and Math for grades 4 and 8, posted by the National Center for Education Statistics.
- The executive summary of "Evaluating Value-Added: Findings and Recommendations From the NASBE Study Group on Value-Added Assessments" is available from the National Association of State Boards of Education.
- Report Defines Types of Charter Schools:
"Playing to Type? Mapping the Charter School Landscape" is available from the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation.
- Supplemental Services:
"Case Studies of Supplemental Services Under the No Child Left Behind Act: Findings From 2003-04" is posted by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Texas Charters:
“Texas Charter Schools: An Assessment In 2005” is posted by the Texas Public Policy Foundation.
- Child Tax Credit:
"Who Gets the Child Tax Credit?" is available from the Tax Policy Center.
- Sexual Behavior:
More information about "Changes in Young People’s Sexual Behavior and Attitudes, 1943-1999: A Cross-Temporal Meta-Analysis" is available from the American Psychological Association.
- Time and Schools:
The 2005 edition of "Prisoners of Time" is posted by the Education Commission of the States.
- More information on Black Education: A Transformative Research and Action Agenda for the New Century is available from the American Educational Research Association.
- "Reading to Achieve: A Governor's Guide to Adolescent Literacy" is available from the National Governors Association.
- The executive summary of "Reading at Risk: The State Response to the Crisis in Adolescent Literacy" is posted by the National Association of State Boards of Education.