Links in Education Week: May 25, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Making Progress Towards Graduation: Evidence from the Talent Development High School Model," is available from MDRC.
- The full report, "Midwest Evaluation of the Adult Functioning of Former Foster Youth: Outcomes at Age 19," requires free registration and is made available by the Chapin Hall Center for Children.
- The Emancipatory Promise of Charter Schools: Toward a Progressive Politics of School Choice is available for order from SUNY Press.
- Leadership Training Seen to Fall Short:
The reports "Learning to Lead: What Gets Taught in Principal Preparation Programs," and "Textbook Leadership? An Analysis of Leading Books Used in Principal Preparation," are posted by the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University.
- Student Safety:
"The State of School Safety in American Schools," is available from Seraph.net.
- English Language Learners:
"Listening to Teachers of English Language Learners," is a report on teachers of ELL students provided by The Center for the Future of Teaching and Learning.
- Lead Poisoning:
"Follow-Up Testing Among Children With Elevated Screening Blood Lead Levels," is a publication released by The Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Facilities Inequities:
"Adequacy, Equity, and Capital Spending in Michigan Schools: The Unfinished Business of Proposal A," is a report released by The Education Policy Center at Michigan State University. (Requires Powerpoint)
- "Preliminary Rural Analysis of the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study-Kindergarten Cohort," is a study released by the National Center for Rural Early Childhood Learning Initiatives at Mississippi State University.
- Read "Head Start: Further Development Could Allow Results of New Test to Be Used for Decision Making," a report released by the Government Accountability Office.