Links in Education Week: April 13, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Americans' Commitment to Quality Teaching in Public Schools" is available online from the Teaching Commission, along with a press release on the salary survey. ()
- "The Efficacy of Choice Threats Within School Accountability Systems: Results from Legislatively Induced Experiments" is available online from Harvard University's Program on Education Policy and Governance. ()
- Women Exceed Men in College Attendance:
"Postsecondary Participation Rates by Sex and Race/Ethnicity: 1974-2003" is posted online by the National Center for Education Statistics. ()
- Bullying Behaviors:
An abstract of the study, "Early Cognitive Stimulation, Emotional Support, and Television Watching as Predictors of Subsequent Bullying Among Grade-School Children," is available from the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine.
- Call for Vouchers:
The Maryland Public Policy Institute offers the full report, "A School Voucher Program for Baltimore City," online. ()
- Charter Schools:
The study, "Charter School Partnerships...8 key lessons for success," can be found online from the Center on Educational Governance. ()
- Edison Update:
Edison Schools released its "Seventh Annual Report on School Performance, 2003-04" early this month. ()
- Collective Bargaining:
"Teacher Contracts: Restoring the Balance" is available from the Education Partnership. ()
Edweek.org Abroad: A Reporter in Jordan
- "In Jordan, Days Off Are Time for Religion, Relaxation," April 11, 2005.
- "Friendly Jordanian Hotel Is Home Away From Home," April 7, 2005.
- "School-Smoking Rules Get Hazy in Jordan," April 6, 2005.
- "U.S. Education Reporter Visits Jordanian Schools," April 5, 2005.