Links in Education Week: March 23, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Biennial Evaluation Report to Congress on the Implementation of the State Formula Grant Program" is available online from National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition.
- "Evaluating Supplemental Service Providers: Suggested Strategies for States" is expected to be available from tutorsforkids.org.
- "Year 3 of the No Child Left Behind Act" is now available online from the Center of Education Policy.
- Bureaucracy Bloat Questioned by Study:
A summary and ordering information for "Answering the Critics of School Administration: What are the Facts?" are available from ERS.
- School Libraries:
"Fifty Years of Supporting Children’s Learning: A History of Public School Libraries and Federal Legislation from 1953–2000" is available online from the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Milk and Bones:
An abstract of "Calcium, Dairy Products, and Bone Health in Children and Young Adults: A Reevaluation of the Evidence" is available online from Pediatrics.
- Teenage Sex:
An abstract of "Acculturation as a Predictor of the Onset of Sexual Intercourse Among Hispanic and White Teens" is available online from Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.
- GAO's Head Start report is available for order online. ()
- The Government Accountability Office findings on the management and oversight of the E-Rate program are now available in an online report. ()