Links in Education Week: February 9, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Life After High School: Young People Talk About Their Hopes and Prospects" and "Rising to the Challenge: Are High School Graduates Prepared for College and Work?" are both available online from Public Agenda and Achieve, Inc., respectively. ()
- "Studying Achievement in Charter Schools: What Do We Know?" and "A Tough Nut to Crack in Ohio: Charter Schooling in the Buckeye State" are both available online from the Charter School Leadership Council and the Progressive Policy Institute, respectively. ()
- An abstract of "Accountability in a Postdesegregation Era: The Continuing Significance of Racial Segregation in Florida's Schools" is available online from the American Educational Research Association.
- The report, "What the United States Can Learn From Singapore's World-Class Mathematics System," is available from the American Institutes of Research. ()
- "Holding High Hopes: How High Schools Respond to State Accountability Policies" is scheduled to be available online from the Consortium for Policy Research in Education.
- Healthier Food Sales Seen as Competitive:
Read the results of the "Arizona Healthy School Environment Model Policy Implementation Pilot Study," from the Arizona Department of Education.
- College Opportunity:
"Creating College Opportunity for All: Prepared Students and Affordable Colleges" is available online from the Southern Regional Education Board. ()
- Public Libraries:
Read an executive summary of "New on the Shelf: Teens in the Library - Findings from the Evaluation of Public Libraries as Partners in Youth Development," from Chapin Hall.
- Children of Immigrants:
"The Health and Well-Being of Young Children of Immigrants" is available online from The Urban Institute. ()
- Visit the Education Department's higher education accreditation database, and read the FTC bulletin on diploma mills.
- "Getting it Done: Ten Steps to a State Action Agenda" is available online from the National Governors Association. ()
News in Brief: A State Capitals Roundup
- Ky. Study Finds Similarities Between Good Schools:
The report, "Inside the Black Box of High-Performing, High-Poverty Schools", is available online from The Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence. ()
- Ohio Panel Issues School Finance Report:
The report, "Building a Better School Funding System", is available online from the Governor's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Financing Student Success. ()
- Report Urges Reform in Colo. High Schools:
The report, "Raising the Bar: Policy Recommendations for High School Reform", is available online from the Colorado Small Schools Initiative. ()