Links in Education Week: January 26, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- More information on "Sports Done Right: A Call to Action on Behalf of Maine’s Student-Athletes" is available online from the Maine Center for Sport and Coaching.
- "One Step from the Finish Line: Higher College-Graduation Rates are Within Our Reach" and "Choosing to Improve: Voices from Colleges and Universities with Better Graduation Rates" are available online from The Education Trust. ()
- Counselors Want Aid to Help Gay Students::
Read a summary of "High School Counselors Say They Lack Skills to Assist Gay, Lesbian Students" from Ball State University.
- Postsecondary Goals:
A summary of the "American Dream" survey is available for download from Job Shadowing 2005.
- Parental Notification:
Read the abstract of "Adolescents’ Reports of Parental Knowledge of Adolescents’ Use of Sexual Health Services and Their Reactions to Mandated Parental Notification for Prescription Contraception" from the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- U.S. Asian Population:
"We the People: Asians in the United States" is available online from the U.S. Census Bureau. ()
- Read the complete interview with author Gregory Michie
- Read Gregory Michie's Teacher Magazine article, "Trading Places."