The Chicago Public Schools requires students who drop out of high school to first sign a consent form warning them of the risks.
CPS Consent to Withdraw From School
By dropping out of school, I further acknowledge that:
1. I will be less likely to find good jobs that pay well, bad jobs that don’t pay well, or maybe any jobs.
2. I will not be able to afford many things that I will see others acquiring.
3. I will be more likely to get caught up in criminal activity and illegal behaviors.
4. I will be more likely to spend time in jail or prison.
5. I will be more likely to rely on the state welfare system for my livelihood.
6. I will not have many choices about where to live.
7. I will be considerably less able to properly care for and educate my children.
SOURCE: Chicago Public Schools
Vol. 23, Issue 28, Page 5