Education for All
Here are the six goals of the Dakar Framework for Action:
- Expanding and improving comprehensive early-childhood care and education, especially for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged.
- Ensuring that by 2015 all children, particularly girls, children in difficult circumstances, and those belonging to ethnic minority groups, have access to and complete free and compulsory primary education of good quality.
- Ensuring that the learning needs of all young people and adults are met through appropriate learning and life-skills programs.m Achieving a 50 percent improvement in levels of adult literacy by 2015, especially for women, and equitable access to basic and continuing education for all adults.
- Eliminating gender disparities in precollegiate education by 2005, and achieving gender equality in education by 2015, with a focus on ensuring girls' full and equal access to basic education of good quality.
- Improving all aspects of the quality of education, and ensuring that recognized and measurable learning outcomes are achieved by all, especially in literacy, numeracy, and essential life skills.
Vol. 23, Issue 11, Page 7